I've been waiting for boot weather to arrive for a month now. I'm of the mind that it has to be consistently chilly for a few weeks and the leaves have to be clearly changing color before its legitimately time to wear boots. I've pulled out my two pair of boots and they have patiently sat on the trunk at the foot of my bed for the past week and tonight the waiting ended. Maybe this seems a little dramatic to you. Maybe you're thinking, "you're seriously blogging about your shoes?!" Well, yes. Yes I am. Here's why. Tonight, I wore my mom's boots. Brown leather, rounded toe, stitching up the sides and in the front with a 3.5 inch heel. This pair of boots is pretty awesome because my mom purchased them in the early 1980's when she started dating Mike, who wore cowboy boots, a cowboy hat, had a full auburn-colored beard, and Duck hunted regularly. Fortunately, while dad understood that somethings just have to go (namely the thick beard), mom knew somethings were worth keeping around- like the boots (and dad). I'm pretty sure she had no idea when she bought them that they would be a staple favorite in her daughter's wardrobe 23 years later, but I'm thinking they were a good investment. Thanks, ma!
2 comments:
Yay!! Love it! You're so hot! And wow--talking about getting your moneys worth out of a pair of shoes!
No picture to go with this post? Out of any of them, this would seem the most important to have photographic accompaniment.
Also, I have just started wearing boots and am still clueless on how to properly accessorize/wardrobe them.
Post a Comment